Sunday 28 October 2012

A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER..

I wonder how you are all doing with your Christmas crafting preparations?  We have been busy in the Christmas department, and I have some projects to share with you.  In a recent post I showed you what Helen Chilton had been doing with our new masks and embossing techniques with a die cutting machine.  You can use the masks to emboss beautifully with the aid of an embossing mat, and if you combine with Coredinations cardstock you can sand back and create fantastic effects, as seen in my post HERE.  I have been playing nicely too and we made these in a class recently, with the aid of our Starry Christmas Tree mask:


Very quick and easy to do - this embossing is perfect for quick and easy Christmas cards (just add some glitter and sparkly gems and you are done!).

I have also been mixing embossing and stamping (and Rudolph)..



- These two cards feature CI-332 and CI-358, and sentiments from CI-281, and CI-282.  The embossed masks are Beautiful Butterflies and Fine Flowers.

Members of the team have been using CI-358 too, and here are the results:

Lynne had made these with her usual pretty and delicate touch:



Loving the pearl on the end of his nose - top!

Brenda has made three different very striking cards with the same stamp:





And Brenda also recently sent me an image of a tag she made with CI-136 - an older stamp but still a classic!


Beautiful tag - full of lovely detail!

Gio has sent over quite a few projects which I will share with you over the next few weeks, but for now here are some delightful earrings she has made with our current special offer star stamp which you will find details of HERE.


Thanks Gio!

To finish off tonight I am going to get you all into ghoulish mode again, with a superbly creepy project by Ginger, with the assistance of our lovely poison bottles and suchlike from CI-360, and I think I have just spotted the crow from CI-361 dangling by the side of the bottle too!



Well I've finished just in time to catch Downton tonight, and a little bit of much needed relaxation, before Monday hits us full on again!

Bye, bye - back soon.

Jean x

15 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous stuff.. thank you for sharing it. I saw Ginger's bottle - amazing! Beautiful cards from Brenda, and oh, wow - Lynne's Christmas pieces are stunning (no surprises there...). I've got some EZ Mount coming, so can play with my stamp soon too!

But thank you for reminding me about embossing with the masks... I knew there was something I wanted to try!
Alison x

Rita said...

Brilliant cards Jean. I saw the bottle by Ginger and thought it was so well done. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

ionabunny said...

Must admit christmas is far from my thoughts but these cards are lovely. Love the embossing and matting techniques and it's great to see the same card in a range of colours. Thanks for the ideas and all those lovely projects.

Netty said...

Beautiful projects from the ladies, x

Cocofolies said...

Lovely projects with such beautiful stamps and masks... Beautiful tag and earrings from Gio too !! and the last project is so spooky, brrr !! Coco x

chrissie said...

Wonderful ideas on all of the projects.

Love Chrissie xx

Caroline said...

Oh, why can't I make such stunning cards?? I adore the bottle, what a great idea. Earnings are sweet.
You clever people!!!
Caroline x

nefertiti said...

Wow! cards, tag and bottle are so wonderful!!!!!bizz

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas cards and one of my favourite CI Christmas stamps too. :)

Craftyfield said...

Love the embossing technique with the masks. Plenty of inspiration...

Ephemera said...

What fabulous DT projects, Gingers bottle is gorgeous. xx

Sue said...

Great projects. The bottle is fantastic.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous work!!

Lucy x

Florence said...

Really beautiful cards and the altered bottle is amazing. TFS
Regards Florence x

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful Christmas projects :)