Tuesday 1 March 2016

'BOXES OF ALL SORTS' - A MARCH CHALLENGE....



Emailed entry from Alison
......

We have a lovely new challenge for you starting today, the topic has been chosen by Sylvie, one of our teamies, and the subject matter is 'BOXES OF ALL SORTS'.  As always this is open to your own interpretation and your boxes may be 3D ones like Sylvie's gorgeous make or may be more of the 2D kind perhaps - something like my own interpretation shown below maybe, based on flat square 'boxes'.

Here are the usual guidelines:

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
To enter this month's Crafty Individuals Challenge please put together your chosen project, which must include at least one Crafty Individuals product please, then post your Challenge project on your Blog, before the end of the month, and include a link back to this Blog.  Leave a link in the URL box displayed in this post to take us directly to your Challenge project, which will then appear on this Blog as a thumbnail image - so we can all see your wonderful arty work.  If you don't have a blog we are happy to accept emailed image entries too.

At the end of the month Sylvie will set about choosing five lucky participants, each of whom will win a CI rubber stamp of their choice, and don't forget that as per usual, once you have linked in your creation, you can also claim a lovely 25% discount code to use on anything you purchase from the CI Website, which will be valid to use until the 10th of April.

Go for it, and enjoy the challenge x

....

As always we very much look forward to seeing your entries - you will be in with a chance of winning a free stamp, and you will also be able to obtain a cool 25% CI web discount.  When you have linked in your entry please email us at info@craftyindividuals.co.uk to obtain your special code, and then go shopping!

....

As I said above Sylvie's inspirational make is gorgeous - very clever indeed, and a great way to recycle a cat food box!  I have lots of colourful photos for you.  She has also given me some step by steps to show you which I will also pop below.  Lots of CI stamps appear on this make, all of which can be found at www.craftyindividuals.co.uk











Here are the steps....











Don't you just love those little feet too?!! 

Here is my own 'flatter' take on 'Boxes of all sorts'...




I'm also going to add another couple of 'boxes' I made recently - okay I know they are cones really, but seeing as it is 'all sorts of boxes', maybe we can stretch it to cones too - lol?!!




The first cone is made with paper from our 'Seville' book, and the second with vellum stamped with CI-443  and embossed in white.  We are also selling the plain and vellum cones on the website now which you can find HERE.

We would love it if you would join in with us, and link a make in above.  Looking forward to it!

Bye for now,

Jean x

14 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great inspiration again! And such a clear tutorial!
Funny that I was thinking and making a kind of "box" on my page, so I've linked it... Have a colourfull week!

Sophie said...

Boaaah, ich bin echt geflasht...
Meine Güte, was für fantastische Werke.
Die Box ist ja unglaublich schön. Mir fehlen da echt die Worte.

Wunder-wunderschön...

Sophie x

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful makes Sylvie and Jean. Fabulous tutorial. Love the mix of stamps Sylvie used on her project.
Great challenge theme. Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes this month.
Flo x
P.S. Loving the cones. Wouldn't they be great for Easter projects :)

Craftyfield said...

Sylvie's box is a labour of love (you wouldn't catch me doing all that fussy cutting!) and all the CI stamps used make up a beautiful and unique décor piece.
Love Jean's box too and the cones!

Dora said...

Beautiful creations!! Fantastic decorated that box.
Also I like the little squares too on the card.

rachel said...

wow - that box is amazing - looking forward to joining in! Hugs rachel x

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Fab box, so much detail--- great card/inches/boxes but the feet on the box have blown me away!!! Last week I made myself a coffee from my nespresso machine, emptied the used coffee containers and said to myself " Mmm there must be a use for these little things" who would have thought !!! Must go and give my ' box' some thought X

Gio said...

Such lovely samples. Going to alter the cat food box! :-)
And your card, Jean is brilliant!

Cocofolies said...

Wow I adore Sylvie's box, so beautiful and amazing!!!
I also love to bits your own samples Jean, they are delicate and so beautiful too!!! Really looking forward to seeing the entries to the challenge this month.. I love the theme! :)
Hugs, Coco xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I always love boxes... and these are stunning!! Amazing recycling from Silvye, thank you very much for the tutorial! I must try to use the boxes of cat food to make something beautiful, but I don't hope to make a piece of art as this is! :D Love, love it!! Colours, design, stamps, textures..the "feets"... all looks really so gorgous!!
Love very much also both your cones, the one with Seville paper is very sweet and the one in embossed vellum looks so elegant! I think they are perfect for little chocolate easter eggs :D
Thanks for sharing!

Nefertiti/Sylvie said...

I love your cones Jean, so délicate and perfect for Easter.
Thank you ladies for your kind words.
Hugs,
Sylvie

CreativePaperCo said...

Lovely arts!! Blue box with lovely lady looks stunning.. Inspiration art-work!!
http://creativepaperco.com/

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous project by Alison (email entry). Love the soft colors. Beautifully decorated. Fit for a princess of all ages.
Flo x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creations.
I buy my first stamp from Crafty Individuals en make a box for this challenge.
So this is my first time here.
Thanks for the challenge.
Gr, Elly