Wednesday 1 July 2015

FACE VALUE.......



Emailed entry from Alison Rock:

 Hi there - I'm back with details of the new Challenge for July.  Its an exciting one and open to all, and has a great theme chosen by our newest teamie - the lovely Florence!!  This delightful theme is 'FACE VALUE', which has lots of scope for stamping.

So basically you need to incorporate anything that has a face in your make, which is wide open to your own interpretation and can include people of course, but also animals and birds, and such applicable subject matter that can be found in many of our stamps and mini images, and in all the collections!  We are really excited waiting to see your ideas and you can link your entry in at the top of this post as soon as it is ready.

Here are the usual guidelines:

CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
To enter this month's Crafty Individuals Challenge please put together your chosen project, which must include at least one Crafty Individuals product please, then post your Challenge project on your Blog, before the end of the month, and include a link back to this Blog.  Leave a link in the URL box displayed in this post to take us directly to your Challenge project, which will then appear on this Blog as a thumbnail image - so we can all see your wonderful arty work.  If you don't have a blog we are happy to accept emailed image entries too.

At the end of the month Florence will set about choosing five lucky participants, each of whom will win a CI rubber stamp of their choice, and don't forget that as per usual, once you have linked in your creation, you can also claim a lovely 25% discount code to use on anything you purchase from the CI Website, which will be valid to use until the 10th of August.

Go for it, and enjoy the challenge x
.......
As always we very much look forward to seeing your entries - you will be in with a chance of winning a free stamp, and you will also be able to obtain a cool 25% CI web discount.  When you have linked in your entry please email us at info@craftyindividuals.co.uk to obtain your special code, and then go shopping!

Now for some inspiration next.  Let's start with some real beauties from Florence herself.  She has used Gio's collection of stamps here (which of course are absolutely perfect for this challenge)....




I love how Flo has coloured these images and I think she has been so clever with the third image of the lovely mermaid - now why didn't I think of that?!  I also adore the seahorses in the background which are from CI-272 (as is the wording).  Lovely paper backgrounds on the first two are from our latest background papers book, 'A Weekend in Seville'.

I still have another make by Florence which is also gorgeous, and with a beautiful repeating face.....


Also loving the colours here - I think Flo has painted everything white, with gesso I should think, and then re-coloured with paints and sprays perhaps.  The repeating lady is from CI-238, and the film strip MDF laser cut can be found in the Must Haves section - Here.

Daniele has also sent over her pretty wedding themed face make - this time the face she has chosen is from our People & Places 2 mini book (which is on a great Special Offer deal at the moment).....


Loving all the gold, and of course we have flower faces and butterflies (I reckon they could be said to have a face too somewhere!).  The flowers are from CI-206 and the background stamp in gold is CI-435.  I think the frame will be one of the ones you can find Here.

I have also made a card with faces - in my case a dancing lady's face and a clock face.  I bought a pack of the cards from the Which Craft stand at Doncaster (Tent Cards).....




And I used the lady stamp from CI-346 and the clock face from CI-354.  Flowers again from CI-206.

Hopefully the above makes will have given you a few ideas to get you going with this 'Face Value' Challenge for July.  Please do join in as without you there really isn't a reason for a Challenge!

Thanks for viewing,

Back soon with more good stuff, and thanks for maybe leaving an encouraging comment,

Jean x


 
 

15 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Jean, beautiful samples by everyone.
Wishes
Lynne

Jane said...

What a lovely theme. Gorgeous DT work, great inspiration. Happy July, keep cool and carry on crafting ;0) x

ionabunny said...

Fun theme. Lovely makes from the DT. Hugz

rachel said...

amazing makes - love them all - great challenge too xx

Craftyfield said...

If I don't melt I'll certainly rustle up a face or two...
Lovely inspiration from the DT!

Cocofolies said...

Wonderful samples by Florence, Daniele and yourself Jean!! And I love the way Flo has used and coloured Gio's stamps, stunning! I'm also looking forward to seeing all the entries for this great theme for the new challenge. Wishing everyone a lovely day, bises Coco xxx

Gio said...

Amazing samples!! Wow, love the cards , everyone so different and beautiful! Your make with the clock face is stunning, love the colours and design!

Sophie said...

Wunderschöne Karten, ganz großartige Szenen.

Liebe Grüße xx

Florence said...

Gorgeous card by Danielle. With the gold embossing, it reminds me of those beautiful antique Russian Icons. Clock face!!! What a great idea for the challenge. Beautiful card Jean. Love the combo of the stamps together. Very Cinderellaesque. Inspiring ideas as always.
Can't wait to see what everyone makes for the challenge.
Hugs Flo x

xxx Myra xxx said...

love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the cards and ideas but I really love the clock face die. Must save some pennies to buy it! xx

Caroline said...

Wonderful projects, lots of inspiration. If I get a chance, would really like to enter with my stamp used in first examples above...(sorry, name escapes me but I adore her). Tfs. C

nefertiti/Sylvie said...

All samples are wonderful!!!!!I don't know where is my preference!!!!!
Hugs
Sylvie

Lin said...

I'm so sorry. I did read your rules, but clearly didn't take them in. Mea Culpa! I have removed my entry. I think I was so excited to see a 'face' challenge that I lost my common sense.

Lin

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous email entry from Alison Rock. So delicate and feminine. Thank you Alison for playing along with the Face Value Challenge.
Hugs Flo x